CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

age counter

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Life at the Capell House

Thought it was about time to update what we have been up to! Last week was my birthday so Mark and I went to the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point with his Dad, Lance, and Lorraine. It was a lot of fun and actually warm weather that day. It was really pretty though there were still a lot of tulips that weren't quite ready to bloom yet. We are hoping to go back this weekend again and see more of the flowers.

We are hoping to have an addition to our family soon. We took our little Sasha to breed with Dante- a 3.5 pound Yorkie. It took some work but things finally worked out between them. Hopefully next week we can find out if she is expecting or not. All the kids are really hoping that she is pregnant- though I think it is going to be a battle to convince the kids to let us sell the puppies as planned. The good thing is if she is expecting she will be due right when Mitch and Sam get here for the summer, so the puppies will get lot of love and attention while Mark and I are working.

Last weekend was the Child Abuse Awareness Month 5k that I was in charge of. It was a huge success and a lot of fun! My family is awesome to help out at the race each year-Mark started helping out at the races when we had been dating only a few weeks and now this was his 5th race to be involved with. Mark's Dad also came and helped again. And Katie and her boyfriend came and Katie was able to get Einsteins to donate bagels for the race!

Mark and I got released from teaching the 11 year old boys at Church- we weren't exactly upset by this release. Now we are in Nursery and loving it. It's a lot of fun and the kids are really cute! Sunday after church we had the girls and Jack to dinner. It was a reallly fun night. It's great to have the girls over and to see the growth that they are making in their personal lives! Mark and I are now living alone- besides the dog and hamsters-- for the first time since we got married really. Luckily Mitch and Sam will be back for the summer on June 4th and we see Becca and Katie as much as we can! I've been up in Ogden for the last two days for work so Mark has been on his own. Being away even for two days makes me appreciate what a great husband he is even more- last night when I was talking to him he was doing the laundry so I would come home to a clean house! Talk about a great husband!

Next thing on our agenda is finishing the back yard(yes we know we have lived in the house for a year and a half) and getting the garden planted!

6 comments:

R. Jeffrey Davis said...

Thanks for the update. We are in the process of planting a garden as well.

Kelli said...

I'm glad to hear the 5k run went well, that's one event I always looked forward too. Good luck with puppies, I hear they are about as much work as a new baby (late night feedings maybe?) See you soon!

Ableggi said...

I CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR ABOUT THE PUPPIES!! My husband just told me it does take a month to find out!! He thought it was earlier!!

The Capell Family said...

Dang, I wish it didn't take a month to find out. We are suspious of everything she does- wondering if she is pregnant. I will let you know as soon as we know anything!

Cassi said...

Puppies will be so fun. Josh would love to come visit them too!

Tricia said...

I'm tagging you.. about the husband thing.