CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

age counter

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

It's starting already. . .

Tonight I went to check on Sam and he was up in his room crying because he realized that he leaves two weeks from today. I just held him and tried not to cry myself. It just stinks, and there really is nothing to say to him that really helps or can fix the situation we are in. All we can do is enjoy the next two weeks we have and look forward to the next time we have to spend together. The end of the summer is the hardest goodbye for me, because we really start feeling like a family and I really feel like I am getting to know who the boys really are again and they settle into the safety, security, and love they feel and then they leave. . . again.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Sorry that the end of summer is so hard for all of you! That's got to be a difficult situation =( By the way, love your new blog background!

R. Jeffrey Davis said...

Yes, that just plain stinks. Just make the most of it.